Start a new topic
Answered

Immediate and test emails ok, but later sceduled emailes not sending


I'm just testing my autoresponder, and when I subscribe to the autoresponder from a web form, I'm getting the opt-in and confirmation emails ok. The first mail set to send immediately (the one at 12.15 in the image below)  is being received too, but subsequent scheduled mails aren't being sent, despite the dashboard showing them going out at the correct time. Has anyone else had this issue? I've seen a similar post but no answers are attached to it.

Am I missing something obvious?


Thanks




Best Answer
The answer from the support team was:

Have you tried checking the subscription status of the contacts subscribed to it?


If you just recently changed the ‘Action when all messages sent’ setting to ‘Remain active’ and it’s been a while since the last message (prior to you adding new ones) was sent out, check the subscription status of the contacts subscribed to it. It’s probably still set to ‘Finished’.


For those “finished” subscriptions, to change the status back to ‘Active’, filter your Contacts list to show only those subscribed to the autoresponder. Once the filter is in place, choose ‘Edit matching contacts’ from the ‘I want to…’ drop-down menu. On the ‘Edit Matching Contacts’ screen (under Subscription), choose the autoresponder name and set the ‘Status’ field to ‘Active’, then save your changes.


This worked 'like a charm' .


 


It could be a sending limit by the server. I've seen this with a client. It looks all emails have been sent but upon further investigation, the messages were not really sent out due to the server's sending limit.

 

Thankyou Fiona. The logfiles were suggesting the mails had been sent too. I seem to have stumbled on the cure though. I hadn't got an incoming email set up. As I was only testing I didn't expect any bouncers and I wasn't subscribing by mail so didn't think it was required. (or just didn't think!)  As soon as I set one up it started to behave as expected.
Thanks again for your thoughts.

 

I have this issue right now...


My autoresponder was 'set to finish' when all messages sent. Even after setting it to 'remain active' and adding new messages to it with even 1-hour delay, still no emails are being sent out...


Any clues why this might be happening?

Answer
The answer from the support team was:

Have you tried checking the subscription status of the contacts subscribed to it?


If you just recently changed the ‘Action when all messages sent’ setting to ‘Remain active’ and it’s been a while since the last message (prior to you adding new ones) was sent out, check the subscription status of the contacts subscribed to it. It’s probably still set to ‘Finished’.


For those “finished” subscriptions, to change the status back to ‘Active’, filter your Contacts list to show only those subscribed to the autoresponder. Once the filter is in place, choose ‘Edit matching contacts’ from the ‘I want to…’ drop-down menu. On the ‘Edit Matching Contacts’ screen (under Subscription), choose the autoresponder name and set the ‘Status’ field to ‘Active’, then save your changes.


This worked 'like a charm' .


 

Login or Signup to post a comment