Start a new topic

Feedback loop processing (FBL)

I've heard rumor that this will be supported in an upcoming release.

I'm so excited!!!

We currently process the FBLs manually and keep statistics about what emails are generating the spam complaints.

After you handle the basic "infrastructure" issues such as DKIM, SPF, FCrDNS, Domain Keys, etc. and monitoring and staying off black lists, FBL's are the MOST critical thing to keep your deliverability up.

In addition to the basic removal of the complainers from the list, I would like to see statistics.

The most important are:

#1. Which email generated the complaint. Was it a broadcast or an AR?

=> This is important so you know immediately if some subject lines are causing problems. Sometimes you think you have a "winning" subject line.. but in fact it is crippling your business because people are opening the email and then too many are clicking "SPAM" and then your deliverability goes to ZERO with that ISP.

#2. What AR was the customer subscribed to?

==> This is important because it can help you find if you are being too aggressive about looping or flowing people into new ARs, or help you decide when you might need to do double opt in vs. single opt in

#3. What email service. Was the spam complaint generated by a user with a hotmail, yahoo, comcast, live, etc. account?

====> This is important so that you can look for issues at any particular ISP.

#4. When did the user sign up?

====> This is important so you can see if any trends are developing. Are you doing something to upset long time subscribers... or is primarily newer ones who are complaining?

We'd also like a log so that we can verify that the complainers are being removed correctly. I think this is especially important in the first rev of the new FBL processing feature.

Of course there is a lot more important data that can be useful, but these are pieces of data that we've found to be particularly helpful.

12 people like this idea

Any update on the FBL processing feature?

Checking in on the FBL processing feature again. Any progress?

Checking on the checking... Any reply at all?

Haven't heard an update yet... still hopeful.

This sounds like a much needed feature. I noticed interspire has this. Let's hope arp adds it too!

I'm glad you agree Steve! I think any marketer realizes this is key once they get serious about their deliver-ability.

This is definitely a *must* for anyone serious about long term viability of email for their business.

Tim, Looks you are pretty much ignored. :(

This is definitely a must have feature for anyone.

Yes I'm thinking of using ARPReach as well but will definitely hold off until a good Feedback Loop System is in place.

Just wanted to add my two cents worth.

Roger

Any update on this one?

I haven't heard anything yet...

This is becoming really important.  Pls can we have a comment from a staff member?  Thanks!

After waiting 11 months, I'd like to officially withdraw my request for this feature. Also, after extensive research into the topic, I've actually come to the conclusion that FBL processing actually belongs in the MTA, not in arpReach. In a classic good/better/best scenario I've been progressively upgrading my MTA over the last year or so. We started with sendmail, then upgraded to postfix, and most recently have switched to GreenArrowMTA.

The marvelous thing about GreenArrowMTA is that it seamlessly integrates with arpReach for sending mail like sendmail and postfix, but it has tons of extra features, including FBL and bounce processing... right in the MTA where it belongs. And... it makes it really easy to send on multiple IP addresses. I'm currently sending on 5 IP addresses and am delighted with how easy it is to segment my mail by IP address.
Login or Signup to post a comment