To create a segment, follow these steps:
1. Go to Contacts / Segments / Create new
2. Give your segment a name and then click Save Segment
3. On the Segments list page, choose Set criteria from the Choose action... drop-down menu (for the segment you created)
4. On the Segment Criteria page, choose Add a criterion from the I want to... drop-down menu
5. Select the appropriate Match Type and complete all other conditions as necessary (Note: Checking the All contacts must match option excludes contacts who do not match the criterion even if they match the other criteria in the segment.)
6. Click the Add Criterion button (and you may then proceed adding another criterion)
There are two ways to filter your contacts list to show only those that fall under a specific segment:
1. When on the Contacts list page, choose In segment from the Filter drop-down menu. Then choose the name of the segment from the [Please choose] drop-down menu that will appear beside it.
2. When on the Segments list page, choose Apply from the Choose action... drop-down menu.
For more information on segments, you may visit the arpReach online manual.