Start a new topic

Exclusion rules when sending

I can hardly believe there aren't any, seems to me to be a very basic and absolutely essential feature. I'm not sure I've ever used an email software that didn't have it. 

I want to send a broadcast but EXCLUDE subscribers of particular lists. I can't.

I want to send a broadcast but EXCLUDE subscribers with particular tags. I can't.

Or am I missing how I can?

So I get a subscriber, they upgrade and I tag them as upgraded. Now I have absolutely no way to contact just those who haven't upgraded. 

So the workaround is to make them subscribe to a new list, however, to do this I would have to unsubscribe them from the original list, which I may not want to do as it may be delivering things they are expecting or have paid for. 

If I keep them on both lists, I still am unable to contact just those who haven't upgraded. 

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

I'm happy to discover this can be done using segments.

It's just not very intuitive. 

I missed it because when creating a segment, unlike creating tags, setting the segment criteria is another few clicks away rather than right there the moment you create the segment.

I'me relieved that everything I expected this software to be able to do, it can. :)

It would of course be great if this could all be done from the broadcast section rather than having to create lots of segments. 

Login or Signup to post a comment