Start a new topic

How do I bulk subscribe contacts to an autoresponder?

Newbie to arpReach.  Sorry if I'm overlooking something obvious.

But how do I bulk subscribe contacts that I have uploaded / added within arpReach?

Thanks!

Clark

Hi Clark,

I'm a newbie too, so you'll have to consider that in my answer. :)
I'm assuming you already have the contacts imported. If so, it looks like the way to do this is first go to the Contacts tab and filter it to get the list of contacts that you want to bulk subscribe. Then, you would select all of those contacts using the selection box in the left column (the top box selects all contacts). Then, using the "I want to..." button near the top right, choose "Edit Matching Contacts." When you do, you'll have an option to choose a Subscription.

I may need to do this myself, so I'll be doing some tests later. I hope that helps!

Yes, this is for contacts that I already had imported or had entered right into arpReach.  (Adding to autoresponders during the import process was rather painless.)

What you suggest kinda works... but not like I had hoped.  It is closer to a solution than where I was though... so thanks!  :-)

I was hoping to ADD subscriptions (which can be done editing individual contacts) in a batch.  I was hoping I could just check the checkbox in the contact list (all or just some of them) and then add subscriptions to those checked contacts.  Doing what you suggest appears to only MOVE contacts from one subscription to another. You have to select the current autoresponder and then the one you want them moved to.  No way to add additional autoresponders.

And the move process appears to be buggy as well:  Moving contacts to a new autoresponder did not start them with the first message;  Moving contacts from an AR subscription to [None] did not unsubscribe them to the selected subscription but moved them to some un-named autoresponder.

The other thing that doesn't work is actually selecting contacts to edit.  If I have selected several contacts with the checkboxes and then go to "I want to.. Edit matching contacts", it edits the entire list, not just those contacts selected.  This is fine as long as you want to edit the whole list you have filtered for.  But if you want to pick and choose contacts to edit in batch, no luck.

So thanks for fumbling around and searching for a solution with me.  :-)  Since there is no response to my help ticket on this matter(?!?)... it's the best we've got.

Thx!

/Clark

I appreciate your info as well. It sounds like you're a bit ahead of me in terms of implementing the software. I purchased a few months ago but I'm just now getting time to dig in. As I learn things, I will definitely help where I can.

Thanks!
Jay

I've figured out a workaround:

- Get the email addresses of the contacts you want into a spreadsheet (I imagine you can export the selected ones from arpReach but I haven't played with exporting yet...)

- Import the spreadsheet, and in the import dialogue you can specify which autoresponder(s) to subscribe them to. Since the contacts are already in the db it won't add new ones, but it will add the new subscription. And it doesn't remove any existing subscriptions.

Does that work?
When importing contacts it allows you to subscribe them to an autoresponder and it's great to know a method of moving them to another autoresponder. Problem is they are subscribed to the autoresponder but like Clark said they are not started on the messages.

Anyone know how to import leads and have them start getting the messages in the autoresponder as soon as they are added?

Tthis method described above works:

-----------------------------------------

I'm a newbie too, so you'll have to consider that in my answer. :)
I'm assuming you already have the contacts imported. If so, it looks like the way to do this is first go to the Contacts tab and filter it to get the list of contacts that you want to bulk subscribe. Then, you would select all of those contacts using the selection box in the left column (the top box selects all contacts). Then, using the "I want to..." button near the top right, choose "Edit Matching Contacts." When you do, you'll have an option to choose a Subscription.

------------------------------------------------------------

You choose None if you want to just add the contacts to an Autoresponder. Then select the AR you want to add all the contacts to.

Until I fund this I did not think it could be done. Which would have made my use of arpReach useless for me. But all's well.....

One step was missing...

COPY to autorespopnder who's subscribers you want to move to a new list, then follow Jay's instructions below to move them all over the the new responder, then delete the copy you made.

(Jay's Message)

Go to the Contacts tab and filter it to get the list of contacts that you want to bulk subscribe. Then, you would select all of those contacts using the selection box in the left column (the top box selects all contacts). Then, using the "I want to..." button near the top right, choose "Edit Matching Contacts." When you do, you'll have an option to choose a Subscription.

Login or Signup to post a comment